Monday, January 12, 2009

Feminine Appeal, chapter 2, The Delight of Loving My Husband

Using the difference in the Greek words for love, Carolyn teaches us that we need to love our husbands by enjoying; serving, helping, and making him first place in our life. Oh, it is easy to be very busy serving him! Fix his meals, clean up after him, and take care of his laundry and his kids. But did I do it with a love that prizes him–puts him first, that cherishes him, and lets him know I enjoy him. If not, sin lies at the door or rather in my heart.

“When sin is present, warm affection dissipates. Anger, bitterness, criticism, pride, selfishness, fear, laziness–all vigorously oppose tender love.” Our culture today says to give up on the relationship; when you no longer “feel” in love. Feelings–emotions are God given and good when controlled. Just like it is good to eat but left uncontrolled eating can be sin. It is my responsibility to keep my heart with all vigilance. (Proverbs 4:23) When there is a lack of loving feelings it is time to examine my heart for sin. Obedience to God always results in blessings and a return of joy and delight in our life.

No comments:

Google