Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Barbeque Shred–with game meat

The guys in our family are prolific hunters. We eat the game they hunt. This year we have moose, elk, deer, and antelope. This easy recipe will also work with beef or pork. I would cook the meat, take off the broth and remove the fat, then add the broth back in. With game this isn’t necessary.

Spray or grease sides and bottom of crock-pot when using game meat. Put in roast(s). (I always do more than I think we will eat to have leftovers.)

Put sliced garlic cloves and onion(s) cut in 1/8ths on top of roasts and any seasonings you might want. We like Worcestershire Sauce. Cover and let cook on low for 8-10 hours.

At this point I use two forks to tear up the meat and add some barbeque sauce. If I think it needs to cook faster I will turn the crock-pot up to high.

Before serving I will shred the meat more and add more barbeque sauce if needed.

To serve use as is or put on hamburger buns or French bread slices. Put barbeque sauce on table for those who would like more sauce.

No comments:

Google