Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Quandary

A young friend approached me last week-end about what to do with a situation that was bugging her. A member of her husband's family was nagging her about "something" everytime this person saw her. Now my friend fully intends to do the "something" in the future. She greatly desires to do the "something." It just isn't possible now. She is trying to stay under her husband's leading.

Because this family member is continually bringing "something" up, it is stressing the relationship. My friend doesn't want a stressed relationship with this person. She has prayed about what to do. She asked her husband. He of course is not female and doesn't fully understand the stress this is putting on her.

Over the years I have found that when I don't know what to do, not sure of whether to bring up an issue with someone else, my best course is to pray asking the Lord to obviously orchestrate a time when I can graciously and lovingly say what He wants me to say. If that type of a situation doen't come up, I know the Lord didn't want me to say anything.

I know of an instance when this same situation happened over 25 years ago. This has put a strain on family relationships to this day. It is very sad to see.

No comments:

Google