Friday, October 3, 2008

One of the things I miss about homeschooling.

Having graduated our youngest in 2005, after home educating all four, all the way, there is something I've really been missing. As time goes by I notice I'm not reading as many books.

We always read for a short time after lunch. We read hundreds of books through the years. Good classics, newer reprints, on all kinds of subjects. The quality of those old, unabridged versions are astounding. In our copy of "Swiss Family Robinson" not only does the first chapter begin with references to God for help, Creator, and Lord, but the entire volume encourages honoring parents, and being diligent, grateful and contented. The abridged versions don't even get close to these types of character building topics!

Maybe I should start hunting up good reads just for myself. If the book is laying around the guys will be enticed to read some too.

No comments:

Google