Saturday, January 3, 2009

Sabotaging Authority

While attending a community event recently, I watched an older extended family member allow a younger child, even encourage a younger child to do something the parents are trying to stop. Some would say it is cute behavior. But these parents are concerned with the ramifications of this behavior down the road as the child grows older.

Would this same person be open to someone encouraging his child to disobey him? I think not. Because this person has a different view on what the child was doing, does not give him the liberty to over step the parents. The parents are responsible for the upbringing of the child.

Lord, please help me to always respect the authority of a parent. Help me to take this as a warning to help uphold a parent’s authority, to guard myself against usurping a parent's wishes for their child.

No comments:

Google