Thursday, December 27, 2007

White Christmas

Christmas morning greeted us with a brilliant blue sky over pure white snow. I couldn’t resist going out to play in the snow after getting the veggies and potatoes ready for Christmas dinner. We were not planning to open gifts until late afternoon or evening when our oldest son and his family would come over.

Donning cross-country ski gear I skied in the snowmobile tracks my youngest son had made previously in the open lots across the street.

Not having enough of the snow, I cajoled my hubby into taking me on a snowmobile ride. We rode up to the base of the mountains and spied some deer. Then toured through the subdivision in which we live.

I love the silence of the winter. The snow seems to absorb all extra sounds. The snow always reminds me of the verses, Psalm 51:7b, wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow. And Isaiah 1:18b, though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; Fresh snow is soooo white and pure! God says He makes me that pure!

No comments:

Google