Monday, November 7, 2011

Whipped Butter

Whipped Butter

Have you ever felt like you needed an axe to cut the iced butter in a buffet line? Or found it impossible to spread the butter on your room temperature roll?

I have found that by whipping my butter in my mixer it becomes more spreadable and people use less when going through the buffet line or even when it is put out on tables at a big dinner.

Most of the time I just put a pound of room temperature salted butter in the mixer with the wire whip attachment. I gradually increase the speed until the butter is nice and fluffy. You can also add a bit of cream or another healthy oil if you like.

After whipping I scoop the butter out with a flexible rubber spatula into a covered bowl and place it in the refrigerator to chill. This can be done a week or two before an event. Just have a tight cover on your butter to protect it from gaining smells and flavors.

To serve, I like to scoop the cold whipped butter with a melon ball scoop onto a pretty plate or dish. These I get out of the refrigerator in time to warm slightly before we eat, but not to the melting stage. It is easy for people to get a little scoop with the butter knife on the dish.

No comments:

Google