Primary August Practice Test
1. Where is our life hidden
a. In God
b. With Christ in God
c. In the heavenlies
2. We should not let anyone judge us simply because of:
a. What we wear.
b. What kind of music we like.
c. What we eat or drink, or religious things we do.
3. Mark 2:27-28 says that the Sabbath was made for man, and that who is the Lord of it?
a. Moses and the priests.
b. The Son of Man.
4. Both Col. 2:17 and Heb. 8:5 call the New Moon Celebration and Sabbath day what?
a. A shadow of what was to come.
b. Just a bunch of rules.
c. Good things the Jews were to do.
5. ‘The reality, however, is found in…’:
b. The Church.
6. The Colossians should not let who disqualify them for the race?
a. The Ephesians.
b. Those who delight in humility and angel worshippers.
c. Other Christians.
7. Such people’s unspiritual minds:
a. Puff them up with idle notions.
b. Go into great detail.
c. Lead them astray.
8. According to Romans 8:7, a sinful mind is what, and can’t what?
a. Dead; live again.
b. Hostile to God; submit to Him.
c. Misleading; think straight.
9. Such a person has:
a. Lost communication with the Head.
b. A lot to learn.
c. Become a genius.
10. The whole body, supported by the Head;
a. Goes to church.
b. Thinks highly if itself.
c. Grows as God desires.
11. Ephesians 4:15-16 says we, the body will speak the truth in , and build each other up in:
12. We died with Christ to:
a. The basic principles of this world.
b. Be forgiven of our sins.
c. Go to Heaven.
13. Romans 6:1-2 says that even though we have God’s grace, we have:
a. An excuse to sin.
b. Eternal life.
c. Died to sin.
14. The rules of this world are:
a. The only things we should be concerned about.
b. Destined to perish with use.
c. More like guidelines, really.
15. Colossians 2:23 and Romans 13:14 tell us we should not think about:
a. Gratifying the sinful nature.
b. Witnessing to others.
c. The sins we have committed.
16. Matt Emmons got a perfect bulls-eye, but in the wrong target because he:
a. Was a bad marksman.
b. It was his last shot of the Olympics.
c. Lost his focus.
17. We are to set our minds on things above, and seek first what (Matt. 6:34)?
a. His Kingdom and righteousness.
b. To bring others to Christ.
c. Love everyone we meet.
18. Who are the people mentioned in Colossians 3:1?
a. God the Father.
b. Satan and is angels.
c. Christ, you as a believer, and God.
19. Finish this phrase: ‘Since, then, you have…’
a. Believed in God.
b. Been raised with Christ, …’
c. Been baptized.
20. Where do both Psalms 110:1 and Colossians 3:1 agree Christ is?
a. In all believers.
b. Still in the tomb.
c. Sitting at the right hand of God.
21. We are to ‘set our minds on…’
a. Godly things.
b. Things above.
c. Things below.
22. A key word in the first part of Colossians 3:3 is:
23. Our lives are now:
a. Hidden with Christ in God.
c. Our own, to do with them what we will.
24. What is one key word in Colossians 3:4?
25. According to Colossians 3:4, what will happen when Christ appears?
a. Satan will flee.
b. Paul will live again!
c. We will appear with Him in glory.
26. According to Philippians. 3:21, God has the power to do what?
a. Anything He wants.
b. Transform our lowly bodies to be like His Glorious body.
c. Hurl Satan into the pit.
27. What do you thing Paul’s main reason for writing Col. 3:1-4 might have been?
a. To practice his handwriting.
b. It was code for something deeper!
c. Encourage the Colossians to change
what they thought about.
28. Which verse(s) of Colossians 3:1-4 tell us what we should think about?
a. Verse 1.
b. Verses 1 and 2.
29. We will not only experience the Rapture, mentioned in Colossians 3:4, we will also:
a. Be alive when it happens.
b. Watch it on TV.
c. Participate in it!
30. According to Colossians 3:5, evil desires and greed is what?
31. What is a perfect picture of the sinful nature Paul wants us to put to death.
a. A filthy rat.
b. An old jacket.
c. An old, beat up car.
32. Redeemed means to be saved, and to belong to someone else. Who saved you, and to whom do you belong?
a. Your parents.
33. According to Galatians 2:20, ‘The life which I now live in the flesh, I live…’
a. However I want.
b. By the faith of the Son of God.
c. In a way that will honor Him.
34. According to Colossians 3:5, what does Paul wants the Colossians to put to death?
a. Whatever belongs to the old nature.
b. The angel worshippers.
c. Each other!
35. In Romans 8:13, Paul says that if we live according to the sinful nature, we will what?
a. Live forever!
b. See God face to face.
36. Finish this phrase: ‘Because of these [sins]’…
a. The wrath of God is coming.
b. Jesus was crucified.
c. I have loved you.
37. According to Romans 1:18, ‘The wrath of God is being revealed form Heaven…’
a. To those He loves.
b. Against men who suppress the truth by their wickedness.
c. All the angels in Heaven.
38. Who, and what are mentioned in Colossians 3:7?
a. The Philippians, and their joy.
b. Paul and Timothy, and their journeys together.
c. Us, and our old ways.
39. Titus 3:5 says it’s not by what we’ve done that we’re saved, but rather;
a. by His mercy He saves us.
b. By being baptized and going to church.
c. Being really, really good.
40. According to Colossians 3:8, what are we to away put from our lips.
a. Chocolate cake and ice cream.
b. Filthy language.
c. Chapstick or lip-gloss.
41. We are not to lie to each other because:
a. It’s just not nice.
b. It makes God sad.
c. We have put off our old self.
42. In Colossians 3:9 and Exodus 20:16, do Paul and Moses agree about lying?
c. Maybe so.
43. Col. 3:10 says that the old self, having been put off, is being renewed;
a. Very slowly.
b. In knowledge in the image of Christ.
c. Like an over-due Library book.
44. According to Gen. 1:26-27, at creation, people were:
a. Formed of the dust of the ground.
b. Breathed into by God.
c. Created in the image of God.
45. Why, as Col. 3:11 says, are there no Greek or Jew, and so on?
a. Because Christ is all, and in all.
b. Because that’s not important any more.
c. Because God doesn’t show favoritism.
46. What are two things in Col 3:12 Paul says we’re supposed to put on?
a. Socks and shoes.
b. Compassion and kindness.
c. Love and joy.
47. When are we to clothe ourselves with this list of things?
a. Only when we feel like it.
b. After we’ve become a believer.
48. If we clothe ourselves with these things and walk in the Spirit, will we harvest what?
a. The fruits of the Spirit (Gal. 5:22).
b. A harvest, 100 fold (Matt. 13:8).
c. Bountiful blessings form God.
49. According to Colossians 3:13b, how are we to forgive others?
a. 70 x 7 times.
b. As the Lord has forgiven us.
c. By bearing with one another.
50. Matt. 6:15 goes even farther than Colossians 3:13 by saying what?
a. That if we don’t forgive others, God won’t forgive us.
b. ‘Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and you will be saved’.
c. Those who do not believe will spend eternity separated from God.
51. In Colossians 3:14, we’re told of something that binds all the virtues mentioned in Colossians 3:12 together in perfect unity. What is it?
a. Super glue.
b. Peanut butter.
52. According to Romans 13:8, what one debt can we allow to remain?
a. The mortgage on our home.
b. The debt of love to each other.
c. Payment for our sins.
53. One key word in Colossians 3:15 would be:
b. One body.
54. According to John 14:27, Jesus gives us something, but not as the world gives. What is it?
c. Eternal life.
55. Not only are we to live peaceably with each other, but according to Colossians 3:15b, we’re to:
a. Go to church every Sunday.
b. Give about 33% of our income to missionaries.
c. Be thankful.
56. According to Colossians 3:16, what are we to have as we sing psalms and hymns to each other?
a. Gratitude in our hearts to God.
b. Drums and electric guitars.
c. The right motives.
57. Not only should we have gratitude in our hearts, but also what, as found in Psalm 119:11?
b. God’s word.
58. We are to do all things in whose name?
a. The Lord’s.
b. Our parents.
59. 1 Corinthians 10:31 mentions that we should do everything for:
a. Man’s fame and riches.
b. Praise from our friends.
c. God’s glory.
60. The things mentioned in Colossians 3:17 and 1 Corinthians 10:31 include:
a. Eating and drinking.
b. Eating, drinking, and everything else!
c. Anything we say and do.
61. According to Colossians 3:18, whom is a wife supposed to submit to?
a. Her husband.
c. Her kids.
62. According to 1 Corinthians 11:3, a woman’s head is her husband, and his head is who?
a. His wife.
b. The church.
63. Who does Colossians 3:19 talk about?
b. Husbands and wives.
64. According to 1 Peter 3:7, husbands and wives are what?
a. Heirs of the gracious gift of life.
b. Bound in the holy union of marriage.
c. Loving parents to their children.
65. Colossians 3:20 says that what pleases the Lord?
a. Corporate worship in a proper setting.
b. Husbands and wives holding true to their wedding vows.
c. Children obeying their parents.
66. From both Colossians 3:20 and Exodus 20:12, do the two Testaments agree about children’s behavior?
67. According to Colossians 3:21, why shouldn’t fathers embitter or provoke their children?
a. Because they will get discouraged.
b. Because that’s the mom’s job.
c. The kids will hate their dad forever.
68. What could slaves and masters of Colossians 3:22 be compared to in today’s world?
a. Babysitters and kids.
b. Real slaves that some people still have.
c. Employers and employees.
69. Colossians 3:23 and Ephesians 6:7 say that whatever we do, we should do it:
a. Well and thoroughly, worthy of praise.
b. As unto the Lord, not just for men.
c. Fast, just to get the job done.
70. According to Colossians 3:24, we should work unto the Lord because:
a. We will receive an inheritance.
b. Because the Bible says to.
c. Because it will be a lot of fun!
71. According to 1 Peter 1:4, where is this inheritance now?
a. We already have it.
b. It is here on earth somewhere.
c. It is being stored for us in Heaven.
72. Who is being talked about in Colossians 3:25?
b. Anyone who does wrong.
73. Colossians 3:25 and Dueteronomy 10:17 agree that God:
a. Does not show favoritism.
b. Is the God of gods, and Lord of lords.
c. The One who deals out the judgment.
74. Why should earthly masters remember to provide for their slaves?
a. Because if they don’t, they’ll get sued.
b. Because they have their own Master who provides for them.
c. It’s just the right thing to do.
75. Who is more important in today’s world?
a. The employers.
b. The employees.
c. God, who is over all.
76. Who is Paul talking to in Colossians 4:2?
a. The Colossian.
b. The Colossians, and through them us.
77. According to Luke 18:2, did Jesus care about prayer enough to tell his disciples about it?
c. A bit, but not much.
78. Who does Paul request prayers for in Colossians 4:3?
a. The Colossians themselves.
b. Those who have not believed.
c. Him and Timothy.
79. Acts. 14:27 shows us that Paul’s prays about what were answered?
a. God would allow him into Macedonia.
b. A door would be opened for him to preach to the Gentiles.
c. The salvation of the Philippian jailer.
80. In Colossians 4:4 and Ephesians 6:20, Paul prays that he will preach both:
a. Clearly and fearlessly.
b. Loud and excitingly!
c. Dry and in a scholarly way.
81. We’re to be what when approaching others, so as to make the most of any opportunity?
82. Who are mentioned in Colossians 4:7-9?
a. Barnabas and Silas.
b. Tychicus and Onesimus.
c. Moses and Aaron.
83. According to Colossians 4:10, what were the Colossians to do if Mark came to them?
a. Welcome him.
b. Stone him on sight.
c. Ban him from entering the city.
84. According to Colossians 4:11, how many Jews were with Paul when he wrote this letter?
a. 4; Aristarchus, Mark, his cousin Barnabas, and Justus.
b. We’re not actually told.
c. 3; Aristarchus, Mark, and Justus.
85. What is Epaphrus doing in Colossians 4:12?
a. Sending his greeting.
b. Wrestling in prayer for the Colossians.
c. Both of these things.
86. What places are mentioned in Colossians 4:13?
a. Laodicea and Hierapolis.
b. Here and there.
c. America and Mexico.
87. Two men are mentioned in both Colossians 4:14 and 2 Timothy 4:10-11. What happens to them?
a. Demas stays with Paul, Luke leaves.
b. Luke stays, but Demas departs.
c. They both die.
88. What is the Colossians to do with this letter after they had read it?
a. Destroy it by fire!
b. Preserve it in a museum.
c. Pass it on to Laodicea.
89. In Colossians 4:17, Paul wants to make sure who does what God wants him to?
90. What is the last thing Paul wants the Colossians to do?
a. Pray without ceasing.
b. Remember his chains.
c. Send an offering to Philippi.
91. Are there religions in the world that have secrets, special rituals, or are work based?
d. Both a. and c.
92. Why can we be easily swept away by false teaching?
a. Because it sounds good
b. Because it appeals to our human thinking
c. Because we have a sinful nature
d. All of the above.
93. What are some characteristics of false teaching?
a. Wisdom on the outside, with no true value on the inside
b. No real life-no ability to grow in godliness
c. More than one way to be holy and right
d. All of the above
94. Is Paul saying in Colossians 2:20-21 (Since you died with Christ to the basic principles of this world, why, as though you still belonged to it, do you submit to its rules…) that we can do whatever we want?
c. None of the above
95. Which answer shows what people the outside because it looks good and right, but in their hearts they are far from being obedient to God?
a. Obey God and His Word
b. Obey their parents cheerfully and quickly
c. Talk bad of someone to make themselves look good
d. Go to the grocery store
96. What is being described in Colossians 2:16?
a. Don’t let people judge you for your actions
b. Don’t wear sunglasses in the dark
c. Love your enemies
d. False teachers can lead you astray
97. What is being described in Colossians 2:17?
a. Don’t let people trick you into believing them
b. Jewish rituals and traditions that don’t make you a Christian by following them
c. False teachers can be very sneaky
d. None of the above
98. What is being described in Colossians 2:18?
a. Love you friends
b. Sing praises to God
c. Don’t let people trick you into believing them
d. All of the above
99. What is being described in Colossians 2:19?
a. That Colossae is very far away
b. Play with your friends all the time
c. Study to show thyself approved unto God
d. False teachers have turned away from God
100. According to Galatians 2:20, We should live life by?
a. Faith in the Son of God
c. By the power of the blood