Thursday, June 10, 2010

Sunshine-Garden Progress Report

Tuesday was the first day I've been able to get in the garden for about a week. We have had days and days of drizzly rain and a bit of thunderstorm Sunday night complete with wild wind and hail.

Even though it was a bit on the wet side, I started as early as I could to check out the garden.

Progress Report


Peas up-these are Little Marvels from Fedco Seeds in Waterville, Maine. A seed co-op. I bought all my new seeds for this year from them and I have been impressed with germination rates so far.



The Russets are ahead of the Yukon Gold potatoes in coming up. Potatoes grow so fast here. I just have to keep the rodents from undermining my crop!



Beets, I think. There is a weed here that when it sprouts it looks just like beets. But this is where I planted beets. No, I didn't plant weeds they come free with the open lots around us that are not taken care of.



Summertime Lettuce. Er, I think I planted it too thick!



 Spinach and Leaf Lettuces need weeded.

I also planted 2 tomatoes, some herb seeds, and lots of green bean seeds. Took breaks from planting to weed rows of peas.

No comments:

Google