Friday, April 23, 2010

Another Sign of Spring

The strawberries here are just putting out their leaves, but the strawberries from California are in and coming down in price. I thought I should make Mr. Wonderful some of his favorite jam-strawberry.

Strawberries washed and ready to be chopped in the blender.

Strawberries, store bought pectin, and a little butter to hold down foam all in the stock pot.

Now we are cooking! Sugar added and boiling for four minutes exactly.


Aren't these jars beautiful?
Another provision from the Lord for the year ahead. It always makes me feel like I'm being a good steward to put up fruit and veggies when they are in season. The produce is at its best. It uses tastes better because it hasn't been over-processed and I know where it came from.  It saves time and money to shop from our own shelves.

No comments:

Google