Last winter I thought it would be fun to make a Rag Rug the old-fashioned way. You know sewing the strips together by hand. Braiding it by hand. And sewing the braids together by hand. I cut a stash of old tee-shirts and polo shirts into strips and wound the strips into balls ready to begin.
By the end of winter, I was about half way through the bag of rag balls.
The braiding was fairly easy and this big clip held the braided strips together whenever I had to stop. But I was developing a wave in the sewn together braids. This continued to grow as I started working on the rug again after Christmas this year.
Well, I finally decided that to correct it I had to undo most of the rug. It took me two nights to get back to where the rug was flat.
Since then I've been sewing it together while it is on this coffeetale. This seems to be working. And I'm hoping to finish the rug by spring.