Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Two Busy Weeks

Whew, the last two weeks have been busy. We've installed a wood stove in the basement that entailed: a hole in our bathroom wall to access running the chimney pipe up behind the fireplace in our bedroom, rock work on chimney and on the wall behind the wood stove, and actually putting the wood stove in place. It is now ready to be "fired up."

I've also gotten all the veggies out of the garden. Anyone in need of carrots or onions? We have more than we can use. Everyone who comes by the house is offered a bag of each. I even rototilled the garden for a couple of hours last Saturday.

Mr. Wonderful took me to see "Fireproof." Wow, Sherwood did a great job again. Mr. Wonderful kept thinking during the entire movie, "I can't believe this is in a public theater." So take your spouse and teens to see it.

Friends of ours have had me tag-along on some medical visits over the last week. Doctors can't seem to pin point what is causing his multitude of symptoms.

And last but not least, Mr. Wonderful is scheduled for surgery this Friday. They are to scope his left shoulder and try to fix whatever is causing all the pain.

I've been trying to re-read "Stepping Heavenward" by Elizabeth Prentiss. It is one of those books, that you get something new each time you read it. I hope to have time to post on it soon.

Here is a good quote I read today to help get you thinking,

"Remember that you’ll eventually be judging your own parenting record based on how the grandchildren turn out.
By Dr. Richard A. Jones, If You Really Want to Rescue America, October 22, 2008, http://www.americanvision.org/blog/?p=217

Now I need to go finish the Christmas dress for our grandbaby's shower tomorrow night.

No comments:

Google